The continent of Africa is the second largest continent in the world, with an area of about 20 million square kilometers. The continent of Africa is the birthplace of human civilization where the first human birth and development took place. The continent of Africa has many vast deserts, extremely dense forests, vast grasslands, large rivers and lakes and bizarre wild animals.
Facts about Continent of Africa
1. Africa has 54 countries in the continent of which Algeria is the largest country and Seychelles is the smallest country. While the area of Sudan is 23 lakh 81 thousand sq km, the area of Seychelles is just 455 sq km. The capital city of India has an area of 1484 sq km.)
2. Africa is the only continent that is fully spread in the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere. The geo-middle line passes through the very center of this continent.
3. Africa is the hottest continent on Earth.
4. The continent of Africa is 6 percent of the total area of the Earth and 20.4 percent of the total land area.
5. The total population of the continent of Africa is approximately 121.7 million, making it the second most populous continent after Asia.
6. Muslims constitute around 52% of the population of Africa, making Islam the largest religion on the continent. After this comes Christianity number.
7. The population of Hindus in Africa is extremely low. Mauritius is the only country in which the Hindu population is close to 48 percent.
8. The total population of Africa is about 15 percent of the world’s population.
9. Around 1200 to 3000 thousand languages are spoken in Africa.
10. The world’s longest river Nile (6853 km) is located in Africa.
11. Sahara, the world’s largest desert, is also in Africa. The area of Sahara desert is about 94 lakh sq km which is almost three times the area of India and equal to the area of US.
12. Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in Africa. Victoria Falls has a height of 355 meters and a length of 1600 meters.
13. Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa. Its elevation is 5895 meters above sea level. Robot film song ‘Kilimanjaro, Girl Parvat Ki Yaro’ is based on this mountain.
14. Madgascar is the largest continent in Africa and the fourth largest continent in the world with an area of 8,87,041 sq km.
15. The world’s largest animal is the African elephant.
16. The world’s tallest animal, the giraffe, also lives in Africa.
17. Cheetah, the fastest local animal is also found in Africa.
18. The gorilla found in the jungles of Africa is the largest male monkey (monkey) on Earth.
You may also read and like
|22 Facts Related to Kiwis Country New Zealand||Read|
|Facts Related to Drug Trafficking King Brazil||Read|
|Do You Know West Indies is not a country ?||Read|
|Canada – History, Geography & Culture||Read|
|19 Interesting Facts About Mexico||Read|
|Facts Related to Cuba country||Read|
|Facts about Asia Continent||Read|
Disclaimer: Friends, pdffiles.in is designed for education purpose. We only provide Link and Material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – Pdffiles.firstname.lastname@example.org .