A subject you did not like when you were at school but now you find interesting
– What was the subject
– Why you did not like it then
– Why do you find it interesting now
1. Well, I would like to start by saying that school time was the golden period of my life and I enjoyed each and every class from the bottom of my heart.
2. I studied a range of subjects as my school curriculum and most of them were very interesting.
3. But here I would like to talk about a subject which I didn’t like that much in my school but now I find it quite fascinating.
4. It is Biology which is a branch of science.
5. It is the study of life.
6. There are some reasons why I disliked it during school time but now I find it interesting.
7. First of all, the terminologies in biology were very challenging and honestly it was a hard nut to crack (not easy) for me to understand and remember them.
8. Apart from that, the teacher who started teaching us left the school in mid term and I could not understand the teaching style of new teacher.
9. Furthermore, this subject couldn’t arouse my curiosity as it was too much theoretical and I couldn’t find any benefit of studying it.
10. However, now, I enjoy studying biology for variety of reasons.
11. First, I have become more health conscious now and studying biology helps me to know more about our selves.
12. Next, my understanding of biology has deepened now as I have become more familiar with those terms and I can easily understand the text books.
13. What else I can say, oh yes … now I have realised the importance of studying biology as human body is the most complex system and knowing about all systems of body such as digestive system, respiratory system, etc is so fascinating and helpful.
14. All in all, I can say that biology was the subject which I didn’t enjoy in school but now even though it is not my subject I like to study about it.
Follow Up A subject you did not like when you were at school but now you find interesting
1. What is your opinion of modern education (in schools)?
I think that modern day education has changed for the better. The schools today have smart classes and technology has been incorporated really well in the classroom. Also, the focus now is also shifting from an exam-based approach to a more learner friendly approach that leads to a better understanding of concepts and various subjects.
2. What school subjects do you think are most important (in primary school or high school)? Why are they important?
I think that all the subjects currently a part of school curriculums are essential for the holistic development of a child. These subjects range from sciences, languages, literature, history, social science, moral science, etc.
3. What subject or subjects do you think will be the most important in the future?
I think all the subjects are important, however, it is becoming increasingly important that all the schools incorporate technology and have computer science and applications as an important part of the school curriculums. There are many schools in India and many other developing and under-developed countries, where the students still don’t have the access to technology.
4. What school subject do you think will be the most useful in adult life? (or most useful for society?)
I believe that all the subjects that we are taught in the school time help lay the foundation of a good citizen. Through mathematics we learn to do everyday calculations, through history we stay connected to our roots, through social sciences we get to know about society, laws, rules and so on.
5. Which subjects do you think should be optional and which should be compulsory?
Subjects like mathematics, history, the sciences – like biology, physics, chemistry, computers, social, etc., languages, literature, etc. should be compulsory. Besides these, sports should be a part of the school curriculum, as a compulsory subject. However, the students should have an option to choose from different sports. Arts & crafts should be included as well, and the type of art and craft can be an option for the students. Studying of any foreign language can be an optional subject.
6. What are the advantages of studying computing in high school?
Studying computing is very advantageous. We need computing in our everyday life- when we shop, pay bills, and so on. When we set deadlines we calculate the days and time we have, we need to compute taxes, interests when saving money, and it is needed in so many other everyday things.
7. In the west, (upper) high school students are allowed to choose many of the subjects they study. Do you think it would be a good idea in India?
I think in India, all the subjects should be taught till high school and like it happens now, students have an option to choose the subjects they want to study in the senior secondary education. I think we have a good education system and it builds a strong foundation, which is evident from the fact that many Indians are working in the western countries and are in great demand there, especially in the IT and finance sectors.
You may also read –
A subject you did not like in when you were at school but now you like it.
Good news that you have received from internet
Describe a special date in your country’s history
Food that people eat on special event
Describe one of your grandparent’s job
Talk about time when you traveled with an old person
Talk about an interesting old person you met
Describe a time when you were cheated
An intelligent person that you know
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – email@example.com. If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou
2 Comments on “A subject you did not like when you were at school but now you find interesting”
how much band for this plz???
Have you read all of these?