AICTE Stands for All India Council for Technical Education. AICTE is a National Organization for Technical Education, Works under HRD. It is important to take Approval from AICTE to those college or university, which provides engineering or management degree.
AICTE has been given the responsibility of managing technical education and management education in India. According to its map, AICTE provides recognition to Postgraduate and Graduate Programs under Specific Categories in Indian Institutions.
Information Related To AICTE
It was created in 1945 to plan and promote the development of Technical Education in India i.e. Initially it was formed only as an advisory body but later it was given Constitutional status in 1987.
It has headquarter in New Delhi and its Regional Office Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata. Ta, Chennai, Bhopal, Kanpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Delhi, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, is located on Cities like Chicago.
It provides recognition to 10 boards of Organization Education, under which many boards come.
- UG Studies in Engg & Tech
- PG and Research in Engg & Tech
- Management Studies
- Vocational Education
- Technical Education
- Pharmaceutical Education
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Information Technology
- Town and Country Planning
AICTE Monitors The Following Courses
- Bachelors and Masters of Engineering (B.E, B.Tech, M.E, M.Tech)
- Bachelors and Masters of Architecture (B.Arch, M.Arch)
- Bachelors and Masters of Pharmacy (B.Pharm, M.pharm)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters of Computer Application (MCA)