AMIE Stands for Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers. It is a Professional Certificate given by IEIL (Institute of Engineers India Limited) . It is an important degree for those students who are unable to obtain a Regular Engineering Degree from Technical University or Engineering College in India.
Once the student completes this certification, he can choose a Master’s degree from any recognized university. He can also work in various government or private sector companies in his field of specialization.
Types of AMIE
- Technician Member – Its Minimum Criteria has to pass at least 12th Standard with 45% minimum total.
- Senior Technician Member – Two mandatory qualifications are held to become a Senior Technician Member.
Eligibility of AMIE
- must have passed the 10 + 2 (Intermediate) with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .
- A 3-year Polytechnic Diploma obtained or any academic qualification equivalent thereto is also eligible to apply for AMIE.
AMIE is totally equivalent to the graduation degree in engineering, even a certified student also can write for the examinations like:
- Civil services
- Indian engineering services (IES)
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Common Admission Test (CAT)