AYUSH Full Form is Ayurvedic, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy. Its name was Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy (ISM&H) during the establishment in March 1995 and its name was changed to AYUSH in November 2003. It is headquartered in New Delhi. AS of July 2017, Sh. Shripad Yesso Naik is the Minister of State of AYUSH. Its motive was to pay more attention for the development of Education and Research in Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy.
Objectives Of AYUSH
- To upgrade the educational standards of Indian Systems of Medicines and Homoeopathy colleges in the country.
- To strengthen existing research institutions and to ensure a time-bound research programme on identified diseases for which these systems have an effective treatment.
- To draw up schemes for promotion, cultivation and regeneration of medicinal plants used in these systems.
- To evolve Pharmacopoeial standards for Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy drugs.
LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS UNDER THE MINISTRY OF AYUSH
- Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS)
- Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (CCRYN)
- Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM)
- Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS)
- Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH)
|Name||Name of the contacted person|
|National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA)||Dr. K. Shankar Rao|
|National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN)||Dr. (Mrs.) K. SatyaLakshmi|
|National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM)||Prof.M.A.Siddiqui|
|National Institute of Siddha (NIS)||Dr.V. Banumathi|
|National Institute of Homoeopathy|
|Dr. Abhijit Chattopadhyya|
|Institute of Post-Graduate Training and|
Research in Ayurveda, (I.P.G.T.R.A.)
|Prof. Vd. Anup Thakur|
|Rashtriya Ayurved Vidyapeeth (RAV)||Dr. Anupam Srivastava|
Drug Manufacturing Unit
- Indian Medicine Pharmaceutical Corporation Ltd. (IMPCL), Uttarakhand
- Pharmacopoeial Laboratory for Indian Medicine (PLIM), Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (HPL), Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H),
Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad 201002