Essay on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Today, in the 21st century, Today in our 21st century India, where there is talk of going to the moon on one side, on the other hand, daughters of India are also shying away from leaving their home. Which shows that today’s India is a male dominated country. People’s thinking has changed so much that cases like female feticide and exploitation continue to be seen in the country. Due to which the situation of our country has become so bad that people of other countries are hesitating to come to our country.
Swami Vivekananda had said that in a country where women are not respected, progress can never be seen in that country. The plight of daughters in the society and the continuously declining sex ratio is a proof of the narrow mindset of the people of the society. We need to understand that the existence of mankind on earth is not possible without the equal participation of both man and woman. Both are equally responsible for the existence of mankind on earth as well as for the development of any country.
Meaning and Beginning of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ is a scheme which means “save the girl child and educate them”. The scheme was launched by the Indian government to build awareness for the girl child and to improve female welfare.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme (BBBP) is a joint initiative of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Family Welfare and Human Resource Development. This scheme has been started to bring some positive changes in the social status of girls in Indian society.
The scheme was inaugurated by Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 22 January 2015 in Panipat district of Haryana State. In Haryana, at that time there were only 775 girls per 1000 boys in the state of Haryana. The scheme was initially implemented effectively in 100 districts across the country where the highest sex ratio was disturbed and was implemented in the entire country in the coming years.
Purpose of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- To change the conservative mindset towards daughters in the social system through Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme.
- To further the education of girls.
- To ensure the survival and security of the village by eliminating the process of gender discrimination.
- Ensuring education of girls in every household.
- Prevention of gender-based feticide.
- To ensure education and participation of girls.
Difficulties in Implementing Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme having difficulty to gain momentum. This is due to the following facts.
- Social abuses and orthodox rituals like female foeticide, Sati, child marriage and domestic abuse obstruct the due execution of this scheme.
- The government machinery and the police are, however, to get the magnitude of women atrocities seriously. This also weakens the effective implementation of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme.
- The mindset of people remains conservative besides the numerous campaigns spreading awareness among people.
- The scheme needs civic body support to achieve the objectives of the scheme.
- The Dowry system is the main obstacles in the successful implementation and impact of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
Impact of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
It is important to look for the benefit that ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’, is India’s most high profile campaign. It is to empower the girl child in the country. Some major impacts are-
- Balancing sex ratios
- Bringing girl child rights into focus
- Achieving girl-child access to education
You May also Read
|Essay on the Soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces||Read|
|Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Essay||Read|
|Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Essay||Read|
|Save Girl Child Essay||Read|
|Essay on Pollution||Read|
|Essay On GST||Read|
Conclusion – Every citizen of India should strive to save the girl child as well as improve their standard in society. Girls should be treated like boys by their parents and they should be given equal opportunities in all fields.
Beti Bachao Abhiyan should not be taken as a subject by the people, it is a social awareness issue that needs to be taken seriously. Girls have the power to build the whole world.
Girls are equally essential for the development and growth of the country. Girls, like boys, are equally partners in the development of the country. He should be respected and loved for the good of society and country.