BMW full form is Bayerische Motoren Verke. It is a German company that makes automobiles. This company was discovered in 1916 by Franz Josef Popp. BMW’s headquarter is in the city of Munich, which is located in German. BMW had a total of 105,876 employees in 2012, now you can guess how big a company it is. BMW is a trusted brand in the automobile manufacturing industry.
BMW is also the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. BMW is known for its cars and motorcycles. For its luxury style, the BMW is placed in the “German Big 3“, the other two being Mercedes-benz and Audi. The BMW company started in India in 2006. BMW has branches in the United States, South Africa, Canada, India, China and Japan, including India. BMW launched its first car named Dixi based on the Austin 7 and was licensed by the Austin Motor Company. BMW made the first motorcycle named Helios and Flink but did not succeed after that, the motorcycle named R32 became very popular.
- The BMW Company was known for making Aircraft Engines when it was discovered.
- The first car made by BMW was named Dixi.
- BMW built its electric car BMW 1602e in 1972 but its performance was half that of other models so it was not brought to the market.
- Rolls Royce is also a part of the BMW company.
- BMW’s Headquarter is located in Munich, Germany and its design looks similar to BMW’s four-cylinder engine.
- Kidney Grille will be seen in any car made by BMW and it also shows the identity of BMW.
- BMW invented the world’s fastest motorcycle in 1937 with a speed of 279 km / h.
- BMW still manufactures car parts for those who still have the classic car made by BMW.
CEO & Owners
Harald Kruger joined the BMW in 1992. He has been the CEO and Chairman of the Board of Management at BMW since May 13, 2015.
As of 2016, Stefan Quandt and his sister, Susanne Klatten are the owners of BMW. Stefan owns 29% of the shares of the company and Susanne owns 21% of the shares of the company.