CCTV full form is Closed Circuit Television and CCTV was invented by Walter Bruch in 1942. As you know, monitoring is done by CCTV which is also called surveillance and this work is done for security purposes.
CCTV cameras does live recording 24x7x365 days and store it in hard disk and you can watch that recorded video anytime on your monitor or mobile.
Cost And Parts Of CCTV Camera
The cost of a complete CCTV system depends on its parts. The CCTV system consists of security cameras, DVR (digital video recorder), coaxial cable, BNC connectors, CCTV power supply and hard disk. CCTV system will be available for around Rs. 10000 to 12000 rupees if we add One 2 HD CCTV camera with 4 channel DVR, connectors, power supply and 1 TB hard disk.
Advantages Of CCTV
- CCTV systems are great deterrent to thieves. Once a thief realize that he is under surveillance of CCTV, he will prefer to go somewhere else.
- It reduces the fear of crime.
- It facilitates remote monitoring.
- It increases the business efficiency and improves profitability.
- It can be used as a best option for home security.
- It also increases the risks for shop lifters.
- CCTV footage provides valuable assistance to the police in investigating crimes.
Types Of CCTV Cameras
- Dome Camera
- Bullet Camera
- C-Mount Camera
- Day/Night CCTV Camera
- Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) Camera
- High Definition CCTV Camera
- Infrared/Night Vision CCTV Camera
- Network/IP CCTV Camera
- Wireless CCTV Camera