CNC stands for Computerized Numerical Control. It is a control system with digital electronic computers used to control machines. It controls, automates and monitors the movements of the machine. It can be a milling machine, router, welder, grinder, laser cutter etc. This machine is automatic and replaces the old manual machines that always require the operator to run.
For example: If you give a task to a drill machine operator to drill on a aluminum plate, the operator have to measure the points to be drill, has to decide the speed and then starts drilling. In this entire process, there are chances of many types of error that give a poor output. On the other hand, a CNC machine operates automatically for measurement as well as for drilling.
Advantages Of CNC Machine
- As it is fully automatic so no operator is needed to continuously monitor it. Due to this reason, the overall performance is improved.
- Increases productivity and product’s finishing.
- Perfectly meets the company’s expectation on the basis of design.
- Decreases operational costs as compared to manual labors.
- Great time saver, easy to operate and requires limited supervision
- Can be updated by improving the software that controls the machine
- Can be used continuously, 24 hours a day.