COO stands for Chief Operating Officer. COO is a senior manager who is responsible for managing the company’s day-to-day operations and reporting them to the chief executive officer (CEO). CEO of a company remains too busy in strategy making and maintaining relations with investors and other trading partners.
He can’t devote much time to day to day operations. Therefore, a COO is needed who can supervise and ensure the smooth running of day to day operations and report to CEO.
- Inventory and working capital management
- Operations management
- Develop and Design the system that deliver products
- Calculating the improving the manufacturing capacity
- Finding the low-cost supply sources
- Increasing global operations and tapping emerging markets