CRPF Full Form is Central Reserve Police Force. CRPF is a central paramilitary force central i.e. it acts under the central government, due to which this force does not remain bound within the boundaries of a state, but this force can be transferred anywhere in the country. CRPF is recruited at different places on various occasions but under normal circumstances the Central Reserve Security Force remains at those places where there are more problems like terrorism and Naxalism.
The Central Reserve Police Force serves under the Ministry of Home Affairs And performs its duties only on the instructions issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The best thing about the CRPF is that it is the largest paramilitary force of India and it is the inclusion of more than 239 battalions and battalions numbers are increasing day by day.
- First of all, It is must to paas 10th class, after that you can apply to be admitted to CRPF
- Age limit raging between 20 to 25, if you fall into the general category.
- SC / ST category candidates are given 5 years relaxation. Age limit raging between 20 to 30.
- At the same time the age relaxation for BC category is 3 years and thus the age limit for recruitment for BC category candidates is from 20 to 28 years.
- Once you pass the age limit by passing 10th, then you can apply for CRPF.
Role of CRPF
- Crowd and Riot Control.
- To counter Insurgency operations.
- To counter Naxal operations.
- Protection of VIPs and vital installations such as airports and powerhouses.
- To provide security during elections in sensitive areas.
- To support Armed forces during war times.
- To monitor the environmental degradation and protect the local Flora and Fauna.
- To participate in UN Peace Keeping Mission.
- To conduct Rescue and Relief Operations during Natural Calamities.