Skip to content
Describe a person who helps others in his or her spare time
- The purpose of life is not to be happy.
- It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some different that you have lived and lived well.
- Today I’m going to talk about a generous person who is well-known for his sincere efforts to help people from all walks of life.
- He is my neighbor Dr. Raman, a physician.
- I have known him since I moved to Zirakpur in 2014. Dr. Raman is in his 50s and he runs a clinic in the city center.
- Notably, he is an alumnus of Aiims ‘All India Institute of Medical Sciences’ Delhi.
- Apart from treating patients in his clinic, he regularly organizes health camps in remote villages of Uttarakhand.
- His team distributes free medicines to patients and gives valuable advice to people about how to lead a disease free life.
- This is a great help for village dwellers as medical facilities in these places are very poor.
- He has changed the lives of thousands of villagers in Uttarakhand.
- His determination to improve the public health in inaccessible regions is praiseworthy.
- In fact, he is a role model for me.
- Since we are neighbors, we know about each other’s work.
- I often accompany him as a volunteer in his health camps.
- Of course, if I am ill, he is the first person I call