Describe a special date in your country’s history
○ What was it?
○ When did it happen?
○ What people did on that day?
○ Why is it special?
● India has a rich historical background.
● There are many special days in Indian History like Republic Day, Independence day and so on, but here I would like to talk about a special day, which has become a matter of pride for all Indians.
● It was 25th June 1983, when India won the first ICC world cup in England by defeating West Indies.
● Whenever there is a cricket match going on, my father brings up his memories of that day.
● He watched that match at one of his friend’s house and after the match, they celebrated by eating out.
● It was a nail biting finish as India had only managed to score 183 runs overall in 50 overs and were in low spirits.
● The Indian skipper Kapil Dev, used all his experience and put up a brave fight.
● He made the impossible possible, by defeating the opponents in a remarkable way.
● After that win, many Indians started looking at cricket as a good career option.
● Cricket was a popular game but after this day people started worshipping it.
● This victory won millions of hearts.
● India won two more world cups after that, T20 in 2007 and The World Cup in 2011, but the world Cup win will always be remembered.
● So 25th June 1983, is a date which has become as important as 15th August or 26th January for the Indians.
You may also read –
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – email@example.com. If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou