Describe a time when you showed or taught a young person how to do a thing
– Who was the young person
– What did you teach him/her
– How did you feel after teaching
– Do you think the young person was benefited
● Learning and teaching is a part of life that we sometimes don’t even realise we are doing.
● We observe others and learn things, and similarly others may be observing us and learning things.
● Here i would like to talk about a time when i taught my 8 year old niece Gia how to make a 3d origami swan.
● Gia is very fond of arts and crafts
● I had made a 3d origami swan, which she liked a lot.
● I liked her enthusiasm to learn and so taught her very patiently.
● I took 16 sheets of A4 paper and folded it twice lengthwise and then cut the strips.
● Then I cut each long strip into 8 equal parts.
● From one A4 sheet I had 32 pieces.
● Then I taught her to fold each small piece into triangles.
● Basically, we have to make triangles and then fit them into each other to form different shapes.
● I had learnt that from a youtube video on the net.
● I took a long time to learn as there was noone to guide me.
● But Gia picked up very fast.
● One month later, I went to her house and I saw that Gia had made a vase and an owl using the same 3D origami technique.
● My cousin told me that Gia had become obsessed with 3D origami.
● I felt very happy that I had taught my little niece something so artistic.
● Gia participated in a contest – Best out of waste
● She made 3D origami from old magazine paper.
● She won the first prize.
● We are all so proud of her.
● My cousin tells me that Gia has taught this technique to many children of the neighbourhood and all mothers are very happy that their children have become so creative.
You may also read –
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – [email protected] If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou