Describe a time you made a promise to someone
- Whom did you make the promise to
- What the promise was
- Why you made the promise
- Was the promise easy to achieve
- Well, we often make promises to different people with the intention to keep the promises.
- However, sometimes due to uncertain circumstances, we fail to keep our words.
- I would like to share one such experience where I promised my friend to help, but I couldn’t.
- It happened the last month when my friend who participated in a science competition called me.
- He said that he needs my help in making a project as he has to make a working model on a science topic.
- Since I had taken part in many competitions like these, and I straightaway said not to worry, I will help you.
- In fact, I said to him that I will come a day prior to your submission will stay overnight at your place, and during this time, we will complete this project.
- My friend had a firm belief in me, and that’s why he was happy to hear, and now we were supposed to meet teach other on the promised day.
- Unfortunately, that day my grandmother fall seriously sick, and I had to take her to the hospital where she got admitted.
- Instead of helping my friend in making the project had to be there with my grandmother to take care of her all night long.
- Inevitably, my friend couldn’t complete his assignment without my help, and he failed.
- However, I apologized to my friend for not being able to help him due to a medical emergency.
- But, I feel bad that my friend failed just because I couldn’t keep my words.
Questions asked by examiner in part 3
1. Generally speaking, do Indian parents make promises to children?
Yes, Indian parents often make promises to their children. The promises mainly involve buying new toys or expensive gifts for them or taking them on vacations if they score good marks in exams or behave well.
2. Do children also make promises to their parents?
Yes, children also make promises to their parents that they will study and not waste their time. They also promise to behave well in the absence of parents.
3. Do most people fulfill their promises?
Unfortunately, many people in India make promises that they know they know they can’t fulfill or can’t keep. For example, to meet at a particular time.
4. How do you feel when others break their promises?
It annoys me when people break their promises. In fact, in India promises are frequently made and seldom kept. I believe that we should not make promises that we cannot keep. We should think before we make promises.