Describe something you made yourself for your friend (handmade present)
○ What it was
○ When did you make it
○ Who you gave it to
○ How did you and your r friend feel about it
● I am not very gifted in arts and crafts and so I normally don’t make things myself.
● I prefer to gift people cards and flowers.
● However, a few years back when I was in 9th standard , one of my closest
friends decided to immigrate to the US.
● On his last birthday before leaving, I wanted to do something really, special for him.
● But unfortunately, I did not have much saved pocket money.
● So, I went to my mother to get some money to buy him something expensive.
● But, my mother suggested me to personally make him something rather than buying him something, which he may not even care to take with him.
● At that moment, I came up with an idea of drawing a sketch of me and him together.
● It took me a lot of time to come up with something satisfactory since my drawing skills were not so good.
● I remember I spent nearly 4 5 hours making that sketch.
● My mother helped me a bit too.
● Then I handcrafted a wooden frame for the sketch and gifted it to him on his birthday.
● I still remember his shock when he opened my present since he expected it to be a wall painting because of the shape of the present.
● But after finding out what it was, his eyes swelled up with tears.
● He didn’t say anything, we just hugged each other.
● 2 months later, when I was talking to him on facetime, I saw our portrait hanging on the wall in the background.
● At that time, I realised that nothing could ever be as special as a handmade present.
Follow Up Describe something you made yourself for your friend (handmade present)
1. Have you received anything that was handmade by the person who gave it to you?
Yes, I have received handmade cards many times from my students .But I particularly remember a time when I received the handmade bag from my friend . It was finished to the minutest details and it was made as if it was tailored for me. I still carry it with pride wherever I go.It is a very smart shoulder sling bag
2. When receiving a gift, do you prefer something that was selfmade, or something bought in stores?
When I receive gift ,it is the intention that matters to me the most not whether it is expensive or inexpensive. When I know I am receiving something from a friend who has made it for me sparing his or her time it certainly feels good but the giver should be as happy to give as I am to receive.That matters to me the most.
3. Which is better, selfmade food or food that you buy?
When it comes to food, I always prefer self made food and I enjoy the compliments I receive after after the guests relish the food that I serve. I certainly love to cook at home rather than buying food from the market or opening the packet and eating the food that is stuffed with preservatives and harmful additives.But sometimes when I am busy at work I can buy food from outside but I am very selective about the food being freshly cooked.
4. Are art classes important in schools?
These days children are under lot of stress from their academic workload. Art classes are stress busters. Moreover, art has been known as a fine value from times immemorial.Why would people work if there were no amusement and entertainment activities available.Hence art classes are very important for the holistic development of the children.
You may also read –
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – email@example.com. If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou