ENT Full Form is Ear Nose Throat. ENT is also known as Otolaryngology. It is a branch of medicine and surgery that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat and head and neck disorders. Otorhinolaryngologists are physicians, who complete at least five years of surgical residency training.
This comprises six months of general surgical training and four and a half years in specialist surgery. Head and Neck Surgery HNS in the UK is also included in ENT. ENT specialists are also called ENT doctors or otolaryngologists.
Problems During ENT Disease
- Difficulty swallowing food.
- Infections such as sinusitis and tonsillitis.
- Allergies such as hay fever, seasonal rhinitis.
- Tumors of the ear, nose and throat mouth etc.
- Speech disorder such as hoarseness and laryngitis.
- Hearing loss and ear disorders such as ear infection, dizziness and tinnitus.
- Congenital or acquired abnormalities such as cleft palate, deviated septum, drooping eyelids, loss of smell.