Historical period you want to know more about
○ What period do you want to know about
○ Why do you want to know about it
○ How do you think you can know about it
● History has never been my favourite subject
● But there are some periods of history, which have always fascinated me, and I would like to know more about them
● One such period is the Indus Valley period
● I recently saw the movie MohenjoDaro, which tells about the way people, lived during those days.
● First time I learnt about the period from my history book at school. My school also organized a trip to National Museum, New Delhi where there are many seals and pots from that period.
● I also saw the plans of the Indus Valley Architecture.
● Indus Valley people were very ahead of their times. They lived in cities with walls, in a time period which dates back to 2600-1900 BC.
● Many buildings like baths, bead factories , granaries have been excavated at their ruins.
● An interesting thing about the Indus valley people was they lived in burnt brick houses like today.
● The streets met each other at right angles. There were drains, which could be cleaned.
● Also there were no places of worship, people worshipped nature elements like air, water.
● There are still many mysteries about this period that still need to be resolved.
● There script has not been deciphered as of yet.
● There is a mystery regarding the decline of the civilization.
● Some scholars say that there was a massive earthquake.
● Others say that outsiders attacked them.
● Still others say that they died because they has prolonged droughts and famine because of deforestation.
● Sometimes I dream of going back to the past and uncovering all these hidden mysteries.
● So this is the period of history I would like to know more about.
Follow Up Historical period you want to know more about
1. Do you think nowadays children are learning too much about history?
No, I don’t think so. Though there are more sources for learning about history today, like museums, the internet and films, but children don’t seem interested in the past, somehow.
2. Many children tend to get bored with history because of all these dates, time and names to remember, do you agree with that?
Yes, I do agree because even I am intimidated with dates. When there are too many dates to remember, it becomes boring. However, if history is taught through movies and TV serials, then many people would start taking interest in history.
3. Some people tend to go against the idea of learning from past experiences, what about you?
Well, everyone looks at things differently. I believe that the past is a good teacher of life. You learn from the past and try to avoid those mistakes, which were made then. Many politicians have handled tough times with lessons from the pas.
4. Do you think it is important to know about history? OR What can we learn from history?
Yes, it is very important to know about history. History tells us about our past. It teaches us many things. Everything has its history. We enjoy the freedom we have today only because we knew that once we were slaves. History also teaches us not to repeat the mistakes of the past. We learn about the progress we have made through history.
5. How can people get reliable historical information?
People can get reliable and historical information from books written by eminent historians, from museums, and from art galleries. Nowadays many reliable sites have information about history on the Internet.
6. How do you think famous historical figures can serve as models for young people today?
Famous historical figures can definitely serve as role models for the young people of today. For example, when the young people of my country learn about the sacrifices done by our great martyrs, they are filled with a sense of patriotism, and want to do something for the country
7. Do people in your country like to visit museums?
Yes, people in my country like to visit museums. They learn a lot from them. The modern interactive museums are more interesting for the young people and children. For example, people of my state like to go to Pushpa Gujral Science City museum more than the other museums because they have a lot to do and see over there.
8. Who do you think likes to go to museums more – children or adults?
Both, children and adults like to go to museums, but children enjoy those museums, which are interactive.
9. Do you think museums should be free of cost to enter?
No, I do not think museums should be free of cost. These museums require a lot of maintenance. So a minimum fee should be there. Moreover, people do not value something, which is given to them absolutely free.
10. Do you think local people and tourists should pay the same amount to enter a museum?
Yes, local people and tourists should pay the same amount to enter museum. If tourists were charged more it would be unfair. Some people think that local people are already paying for the upkeep of the museums through taxes, so it would be okay if tourists were charged more. But I feel that tourists are helping in the economy in many other ways, so there is no need to charge them more for museums or other historical sites.
11. How do you think the museums of the future might be different from the museums of today?
What the future holds in store, no one can tell, but as far as I can see, the museums of the future would be more interactive. New things would be added to them from time to time. Activities would be there to entertain the children and others. Audiovisual aids would be used more.
12. How do you think the museums of the future might portray the 21st century?
Museums of the future might portray the 21st Century as an era of rapid progress in the field of technology, transport, education and health.
You may also read –
A subject you did not like in when you were at school but now you like it.
Good news that you have received from internet
Describe a special date in your country’s history
Food that people eat on special event
Describe one of your grandparent’s job
Talk about time when you traveled with an old person
Talk about an interesting old person you met
Describe a time when you were cheated
An intelligent person that you know
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou
One Comment on “Historical period you want to know more about”
Plz send me this pdf