Tattoos are permanent drawings made on the body. These are usually made by piercing the foreskin with the help of a machine, which leaves holes as well as ink. Shortly after the tattoo is made, there is a slight pain in the site.
16 interesting facts about tattoos
1. The oldest tattoo ever found on a human body is from 3370 to 3100 BC. The tattoo has been found on a human body discovered on the Austria-Italy border in September 1991. It is called Ötzi the Iceman, which for some reason was buried in ice 5 thousand years ago. 61 dots made of carbon ink have been found on his body.
2. The first electric tattoo machine was invented and patented in 1891 by Samuel ThinkReilly. His idea came from Thomas Edison’s electric pen. To convert the electric pen into an electric tattoo machine, he added needles and an ink box.
3. About 5% of Americans have at least one tattoo on their body that is covered by another tattoo.
4. A tattoo gun can pierce your skin from 50 to 3000 holes in a minute. These holes are about 1 millimeter deep.
5. In ancient Egypt, cedar bark, vinegar, vinegar, vitriol, leek juice, and insect eggs were used for tattoo ink.
6. In English, the word ‘tattoo’ is used for tattoos. But often people mispronounce it – ‘tatoo’.
7. Gregory Paul McLaren holds the record for being the most tattooed man in the world. 99.9% of his body is covered with tattoos, including his eyelashes, mouth and ears.
8. Tattoos can be removed with the help of laser technique. Black colored tattoos are easier to remove because it absorbs laser waves more easily. In contrast, green and yellow tattoos are more difficult to remove.
9. Tattoos were banned in the US state of South Carolina until 2004 and by 2006 in the state of Oklahoma.
10. America’s richest tattoo maker is Scott Campbell of America. They charge up to a thousand US dollars for an hour and work only on weekends.
11. In 2005, a woman dug a GoldenPalace.com tattoo on her forehead to pay her son’s tuition fee. In this way she became the first woman to have a tattoo for an advertisement.
12. Tattoo tattooing is illegal in Iran, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates in three countries.
13. A tattoo injury to the inner lip takes only 3 days to heal due to the rapid regeneration of cells. Apart from this, these tattoos will fade and disappear in 1-5 years.
14. 23% of people regret the tattoo they have made. The people who regret the most are those who write their own or someone’s name on their body.
15. Women mostly get their ankles and men mostly get tattoos done on their arms.
16. Do you know? Tattoo making can also have many disadvantages! Many problems like redness, pus, swelling can be present in the skin by getting tattooed. Apart from this, you can also get many types of bacterial infections.