|IRDA Full Form||Insurance Regulatory Development Authority Of India|
|IRDA Full Form||Infrared Data Association|
Insurance Regulatory Development Authority Of India
The Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is a regulatory body created with the objective of protecting your interests. Its not only control the insurance industry but also monitoring insurance related activities.
Main Purpose Of IRDA
- To regulate, promote and ensure the gradual development of the insurance industry and to protect the interest of insurance policy holders for matters connected therewith or incidental medical related matters.
- Under the Insurance Act 1398, the Controller of Insurance was replaced by a new authority named Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA).
Infrared Data Association
The Infrared Data Association, also known as IrDA, allows you to transfer files with infrared. This technology was used in the late 1990s and early 2000s, particularly to transfer files between laptops, mobile phones and personal computers. IrDA is now gradually being replaced by radio wave technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, which make it possible to avoid a direct sight between the two communicating devices.
This technology was hardly integrated into mobile phones from 2006 onwards. However, it is still used in environments where interference prevents radio wave technologies from operating properly.
Advantages of IRDA
- The infrared beam is directional and does not pass through walls.
- You decide how to send the data, and in which direction.
- Fast, 100Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s, with low power consumption.
- Infrared radiation is not dangerous
- No interference with radio waves (hospitals, planes…)