Nehru Report 1928 – With the appointment of the Simon Commission, India Secretary Lord Birkenhead challenged Indian leaders that if they could prepare a constitution with the consent of different parties and communities, then the Government of England would seriously consider it. Indian leaders accepted this challenge by trying to make a draft of the constitution together.
For this, a committee headed by Motilal Nehru was formed, whose task was to draft the constitution. The secretary of the committee was Jawaharlal Nehru. There were 9 other members in which one was Subhash Chandra Bose. The committee submitted its report on 28-30 August, 1928, which is known as the Nehru Report 1928.
Proposals Of Nehru Report
1. India should be given the status of a dominion state. 9
- The biennial system is established at the center.
The executive is fully liable towards the legislative assembly.
All the responsibilities should be assigned to Indian representatives.
2. The establishment of a federal system in India.
- Residual power will be near the center.
3. All elections are held on a regional basis.
- The communal representation should be abolished.
Elections are based on adult franchise.
4. In this report it was said that there will be no rule of religion.
5. There was a proposal to give equal rights to men and women.
6. The Nehru Report included the proposal for the creation of the Supreme Court.
7. Nehru Report had no provision to provide weightage for different voters (electorate) or minorities for any community.
8. Proposal of federal rule was given in the Nehru Report, where residual powers were to be received by the Center.
Protest Against Nehru Report 1928
Jinnah and other leaders of the Muslim League strongly protested the Nehru Report. The basic reason behind this was that there was no provision of representation on communal basis in it. Some people in Congress were not satisfied with the dominion status. They were demanding full Swaraj to be included in the Nehru Report. Due to lack of full agreement with respect to the Nehru Report in Congress, Muslim League and other politicians, the British Government rejected the report.
Nehru Report 1928
At the time the entire country was boycotting the Simon Commission, at the same time, Indian Affairs Minister Lord Berkenhead had challenged the Swarajis, saying that he should prepare a constitution that contains such systems that India’s (great) people generally But agree with her. “Of course, this reason was behind the satirical challenge that the Indian, class, and caste selfishness of Indians was once a recognized Will not be ready for Nvidhan. Bharat secretary had captured the pulse of India properly, later events proved this.
To answer the challenge of the Secretary of India, the Congress organized an All Party Conference in February 1928 in Delhi. There were many meetings of this. It was decided in these meetings that a Committee of 8 persons under the chairmanship of Mr. Motilal Nehru, which could prepare a draft constitution for India before July 1, 1928.
29 political organizations approved this proposal. The committee, whose members include Ali Imam, Tej Bahadur Sapru, Subhash Chandra Bose, Shri M.S. Anne, Sardar Mangru Singh, Mr. Shoaib Qureshi and Shri. R. Pradhan was involved, soon after completing his work and presenting his report in August 1928. This format is known as ‘Nehru Report’.
Key Tips For Nehru Report 1928
(1)India should be given colonial Swaraj and its place should be similar to other colonies under British rule.
(2)A complete responsive government should be established at the center. The governor general of India should work on the advice of popular ministers and in the form of constitutional head.
(3) The Central Legislative Assembly should be bi-camerial and the Cabinet will be liable to it. The following house is elected directly on the basis of adult franchise and indirectly of the Upper House.
(4) Even in the provinces, there is a set of responsible governance like the Center.
(5) A scheme of distribution of power between the center and the provinces was presented, in which residual powers were provided to the center.
(6) North-West Frontier Province should have legal status similar to the other provinces of British India.
(7) Separate Sindh from Bombay and make it a separate state.
(8)The fundamental rights were mentioned in the report and it was recommended to place them in the Constitution.
(9)It was also stated in the report that arrangements for the protection of the rights and privileges of the princely states should be made. Along with this, he was given the suggestion that he should be included in the Indian Union only when there is a system of responsible governance in his state.
You may also read and like
- Latest Edition 2019 Of Nitin Singhania Art And Culture PDF
- IELTS Exam Dates 2019 Academic And General Training
- An exciting book you read or a book you read recently
- CCC Book PDF In Hindi And English Free Download
- Describe a famous person that you are interested in
- Sanjeev verma Economics PDF lates edition download
- M Tyra PDF of quicker math download
- RS Agarwal aptitude book PDF Download
- India year book 2018 PDF download
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for education and education. We only provide Link and Material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – email@example.com.