Right to Information Act 2005 – Hello friends, welcome again, in this article i am going to share meaning and objectives of Right to Information act 2005.
Meaning of Right to Information Act – Right to Information means the statutory right of a citizen of India to seek information from Government and Public Sector offices, institutions and non-government organisations which are situated in India and are owned, controlled or substantially financed by funds provided directly or indirectly by the Central Government or State Government, regarding their functions and activities. It also includes the right to –
(i) Inspect works, documents, records,
(ii) take notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records,
(iii) take certified samples of material,
(iv) obtain information in the form of disketters, floppies, tapes, video cassettes or in any other electronic mode or through printouts where such information is stored in a computer or in any other device.
Must Read – Nature of learning
Must Read – Stress Management
Objectives of Right to Information Act 2005
The basic objective of Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption and make the democracy work for the people in real sense. Thus, this Act was passed with the following objectives:
1. To provide for setting out practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities.
2. To promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
3. To set up Central Information Commission and State Information Commission for the matters concerned therewith.
4. To contain corruption and to hold governments and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed.
5. To harmonise revelation of information with public interests including efficient operations of the governments, optimum use of limited fiscal resources and the preservation of confidentiality of sensitized information.
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for education and education sector only and does not have own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material. We only provide Link and Material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – [email protected] If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. Email has been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible.