Cleanliness is not only needed in our home but the whole country. Keeping this in view, the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, being run by the Government of India, has been consulted in every village and city of our country. The aim of this campaign is to construct toilets in every street village of the country and change the country’s infrastructure.
Starting of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 October 2014, on the occasion of 145th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is also called the India Mission and Cleanliness Campaign. Addressing the mass group, the Prime Minister said that everyone has to participate in this campaign and make this campaign a success. At the behest of the Prime Minister, almost every year youth of India participated in this campaign and took this campaign to the height of success.
Objectives of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Ensure water supply in all houses by 2019 and pipelines in villages to ensure cleanliness.
- To stop open defecation under which thousands of children die every year.
- About 11 crore 11 lakh individual, collective toilets will be constructed, which will cost 1 lakh 34 thousand crores.
- Changing people’s mindset by using proper hygiene.
- Promote toilet use and initiate public awareness.
- Keeping the villages clean.
- Ensuring good management of solid and liquid waste through Gram Panchayat.
- Keep roads, pavements and settlements clean.
- Creating awareness about cleanliness through cleanliness.
Why India Needs Swachh Bharat Abhiyan?
India is in dire need of a cleanliness drive like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to eradicate dirtiness. It is important for the overall development of citizens in terms of health and well-being. There are plenty of reasons behind this swachh bharat abhiyan.
- There is no place in our country where garbage is not spread. Every city, every village, every locality, every street of our India is full of garbage and filth.
- Due to the lack of toilets in the villages of our country, people still go to the open defecation due to which dirt spreads everywhere and this dirt invites new diseases.
- All the rivers and streams around us live in such a way as if garbage is flowing instead of water.
- Due to this garbage and waste, alien people do not like to come to our country, due to which our country suffers economic losses.
- It is very important that every household in India have a toilet and there is a need to end the open defecation trend.
- Recycling and reuse of municipal waste, safe disposal, and implementation of sewage management in a scientific manner.
- To create global awareness among people living in rural areas and to connect common people with health.
- Increase the share of private sector to develop sanitation facilities across India.
- Making India clean and green.
- Improve the quality of life in rural areas.
Causes Of Dirt
(1) Lack of education – Our country is very backward in the field of education. If people are not educated, they will not know that they are inadvertently polluting their surroundings, and what harm they are causing to the environment being polluted. Therefore, it is important to impart education for a clean India.
(2) Bad mentality – Some people believe that spreading little garbage will not make the country a bit dirty. People with this type of mentality keep spreading garbage everywhere, due to which it becomes a little bit too much.
(3) No toilets in homes – You must have noticed that often there are no toilets in the houses in the village, due to which people either go to the fields to defecate or go to the railway tracks and defecate, due to which there is a mess environment everywhere. .
(4) Excess population – Our India country comes second in the world in terms of population, if the population continues to grow in this way, then in the coming years, our country will be number one in terms of population. Garbage and dirt are also high due to the large population. Due to the excess of dirt, the capital of the country instead of putting it in the progress of the economy, takes up cleaning the dirt.
(5) Lack of public toilets – In our country, the lack of public toilets is found everywhere, due to which people defecate anywhere on the side of the road or by seeing a corner, which causes a lot of dirt to spread.
(6) Lack of proper disposal of waste – Garbage is a big problem in our country, according to 2017 data India generates 100,000 metric tons of waste per day. Despite such a large number of garbage, the correct measures have not been taken for its disposal.
(7) Waste materials of industries – There are many industries in our country, small and big, from which a large amount of waste material of different types comes out. The people running these industries run this waste material into the nearby river drains, which pollutes the entire environment.
Measures to Keep the Country Clean
To keep our India country clean and tidy, we will have to become aware, otherwise it is an uphill task to clean the country. There are some solutions listed below for keep our country clean.
- We have to build toilets in every house of the country.
- Public toilets will have to be built in public places in every city and every village.
- Awareness of cleanliness and hygiene has to be spread among the people.
- We have to create garbage containers everywhere.
- To change the mindset of the people, the message of cleanliness will have to be sent to every village.
- People have to tell about the serious consequences of filth, so that they know how much damage is caused to them as well as the whole environment by spreading their filth.
- We must reduce the growing population.
- We have to find out the right method of disposal of waste and implement it as if heaps of garbage like mountains can be removed.
- We have to spread awareness among the people running the industry about how polluted our entire environment is due to their small selfishness.
- We have to enact new laws so that people do not spread dirt anywhere.
You May also Read
|Essay on the Soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces||Read|
|Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Essay||Read|
|Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Essay||Read|
|Save Girl Child Essay||Read|
|Essay on Pollution||Read|
|Essay On GST||Read|
Conclusion – A statement by Mahatma Gandhi that is based on cleanliness. According to Mahatma Gandhi, the responsibility of making the country clean is the citizens of the country, under which the mission of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is being emphasized in schools and colleges today. The torch of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is essential for our whole India today, under which many things are being done.