Talk about a time when you received money as a gift
○ Who gave it to you
○ When did they give it you
○ Why they gave money
○ How did you feel about it
● Money as a gift is extremely popular in my country.
● In fact, it can be called a tradition as well.
● People usually gift money to each other during weddings, birthdays etc
● Today, I would like to talk about one such occasion (out of so many others), when I received money from someone instead of an actual gift item.
● The occasion was my 18th birthday.
● And as per Indian laws I became an adult on this day
● My parents gifted me a motorbike on my birthday as I was now eligible to drive a motor vehicle
● When my friends came to know about this, all of them wanted a party from me.
● Unfortunately I did not have much savings at that time, to give a party to my friends.
● But luckily my grandparents were visiting us during that time.
● They had come to spend their winters with us.
● I love my grandparents a lot, they are really humble and polite.
● They always teach me a lot of good moral values and they love me a lot as well.
● Since my grandparents are tool old, they could not go to the market to buy a gift for me.
● Moreover they were not sure about what gift they should buy for me, which will make me happy.
● So they decided it was best to give me money as a gift, so that I can use it for buying anything I like.
● Initially I refused to accept the money but then my parents said I should not say no to the elders as it would be a disrespect to them.
● I then thanked my grandparents and they gave me their blessings as well.
● I also told them that I had everything that I need but my friends were asking for a party so I will use that money for the purpose of celebrating my birthday.
● My grandparents were happy that I was using the money to spend a good time and share happiness with my friends and not spending it alone on myself.
● They wished me good luck for the party.
● I had a great outdoor party with my friends.
● So, this was one of the occasions when I received money as a gift and I used it for celebrating with my friends.
Follow Up Talk about a time when you received money as a gift
1. In your country, do parents give children money for doing housework?
In my country, India, it is not very common for parents to give money to their children for housework. There maybe very few parents who do this and it is mostly considered as the children’s responsibility to help with the housework. In terms of money, children get pocket money for their daily/weekly/monthly expenses.
2. Is it important for children to have a right attitude towards money?
Yes, it is very important for children to have the right attitude towards money. Children should learn the importance of money and saving it/not wasting it starting at an early age, so that this habit continues in the future when they start working and earning.
3. What do you think of the saying; love of money is the root of all evil?
I think this saying has a lot of truth in it. Love or obsession for money is not only the root cause of unhappiness, but also brings many other problems in a person’s life, like insecurity, not being able to trust others, unhappy family life, selfishness, etc.
4. Is it important to teach children how to manage their pocket money?
Yes, it is very important to teach children to manage their pocket money so that in their adult life they understand the value/importance of money, not waste it and are better at managing their finances in the future.
You may also read –
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – [email protected] If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou