Talk about an interesting old person you met
○ Who is this person?
○ How you met him?
○ Why you found him interesting?
1. I would like to start by saying that I know many extraordinary people.
2. But here I would like to talk about a person whom I met a couple of months ago who left indelible imprints on my mind with both outer and inner beauty.
3. It was 3 months ago when, in the evening, I went to meet my friend and he introduced me to his uncle who came to visit him and his family from Delhi.
4. We spent the whole evening together.
5. He had a very charismatic personality. I mean he was in his 60s but his vitality was like a 30 year old person.
6. He was having this big smile, nicely done hair and an amazing sense of dressing.
7. I mean, no one has ever captivated me so much before like he did which forced me to ask him what he does for living.
8. When he told me he is retired now and all he does is traveling and helping needy people, I became fascinated to listen to him.
9. He told me that he has already visited many places in India and many in foreign land.
10. Apart from that, he also shared with me some of his life lessons on work ethics, discipline, time management.
11. I mean, we all know army people are so disciplined about everything.
12. He told me discipline is the core of our existence and “without discipline, a person is like a ship which is sailing on the mercy of waves”.
13. Those words were very eye-opening.
14. I guess we spent around 3 hours with each other but those 3 hours changed my perspective towards life.
15. Indeed, he left indelible imprints on my mind.
16. Finally, I came back to my home.
17. I wish I could spend some more time with him but next day he had a flight to catch.
18. To cut the long story short, that conversation with my friend’s uncle was quite interesting and his personality left everlasting impressions on my mind.
Part 3 Follow Up Talk about an interesting old person you met
1. Do you think old people and young people can share the same interest?
It may sometimes be difficult for old people and young people to share the same interests. Young people are generally more energetic, so they prefer outdoor sports, but old people can only play those games which are not physically trying. It would be wrong to say that they cannot share the same interest. They both can share the same interest in TV programs, movies, indoor games, etc.
2. What skills can the old teach the young?
Old people today have seen a lot of changes in their lifetime. My grandfather has told me many stories of how difficult his life was when there were no vehicles and horses were used for transportation. He has also seen a lot of technological advancements. For example, the evolution of music started with radio and was followed by gramophones, cassette players, cd’s and dvd’s, and finally I-Pods and Mobile Phones. The most important life skills such as adaptability, versatility and openness to change, can be taught by the old to the young.
3. What skills can the young teach the old?
Young people are faster at learning about modern technology and better at operating gadgets. They can definitely teach these skills to old people. Also, since young people are now entering various businesses, other young people understand them and can do a better job of negotiating prices of goods and services. This too is an important skill for old people who are always keen to get a good bargain.
You may also read –
Class 10 Science Notes
Class 10 History Notes
Class 10 History Chapter 1 Notes
Minerals And Energy Resources Concept
Quantum CAT By Sarvesh Kumar Verma PDF
Rakesh Yadav Math Book PDF
Management Of Natural Resources Class 10 Notes
Resources And Development Class 10 Notes
Disclaimer – Friends, https://www.pdffiles.in is designed for Education purpose only and does not have our own Books / Notes / PDF / and ALL Material, nor has it Scanned | We only provide the link and material already available on the Internet. If in any way it violates the law or there is a problem, please mail us – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more pdf files, notes or book, then you can email us. We have been given up. We will be able to help you as soon as possible. Thankyou